We believe Jesus is the best thing that has happened to us and we want others to know Him as we do! Our dream is for people to grow in their faith and become a life long follower of Christ. Although we don’t believe in religious hoops you have to go through to “arrive”, there are six areas that we will emphasize to help you become all that God created you to be. These 6 areas are:
1. Doing Life Together Life is rarely fun doing it alone. We are wired for relationships. We want to give you an opportunity to be a part of a Connect Group. . This is where authentic relationships occur and your needs can be met through accountability and care. Connect Groups are the heart beat of the CRC family!
2. Transformation Having a daily relationship with Jesus is the most important decision you can make. We celebrate that by taking the plunge in water baptism.
3. Time During our services, you will learn something practical from the Bible that will be like a spiritual spark to ignite the rest of your week. We also believe that you are responsible for your own spiritual growth that can occur during a daily quiet time with God. For many of us, this means starting our day with personal study in the scripture, prayer, and journaling. This is crucial for a healthy relationship with God and others.
4. Talents One of the coolest parts about being God’s child is that he has given us unique talents. We use our gifts by volunteering and helping others. Everyone who attends Crossroads Church is encouraged to get plugged in by serving in a way that coincides with their passion. Try a team out for a month and see if it is the right fit for you. Not sure where to start? Check out our Connection Point classes.
5. Tithe Giving has become an uncomfortable topic in church today, but Jesus talked about it quite a bit. There is a joy in giving when we are obedient to the teaching of the Bible. God blesses those who are good stewards of what he has entrusted to them by following the Bible’s pattern of giving the first ten percent, our tithe. Giving should be out of love and not pressure. 6. Training Everyone needs a training partner. God desires to use his children to point others to Christ. We do this by investing in friendships and inviting to our weekend experience. Every follower of Christ should find ways to train a young believer in their faith and encourage them to get involved with a team.